Saturday, October 13, 2007

miles and miles until I sleep

The first 500 miles go very well. It is the fact that I have to do 162 miles after the first 500 that does me in. I left at 8:00am and arrived at 5:00 pm.

For my mid-morning snack I had seven steamed shrimp left over from last night and some cheese-its. This provided some much needed protein. For lunch I had a delicious Maurice's Bar- b-que sandwich and iced tea. For my afternoon snack I had a very small chocolate covered cherry blizzard which provided the extra little boost I needed to make the last 162 miles.

I had six extended phone conversations. Normally I "hate" talking on the phone, but when I'm driving it makes the time goes by amazingly fast. Estelle, I did get your message....I was talking to Teri when you called.

My music CD's still make the trip very pleasant.

So all of this to say, I'm safely home. (I guess this is home)

Bubba and I walked to the California Pizza kitchen for dinner....I needed the excercise. We have unpacked the car and I am going to bed.....yes at 7:30pm.

Once again I thank the Lord for another safe trip. Until tomorrow................Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad that it was as good a trip as could be.
Yes, thank the Lord for a safe trip.
Rest and revive!!!!
More tomorrow.
Estelle