Wednesday, October 17, 2007

drop dead date

clouds without water
carried along by winds
autumn trees without fruit
doubly dead
uprooted
wild waves of the sea
casting up their own shame like foam
wandering stars

I like lists....I found this one in the book of Jude. I keep going back to it. Incredible pictures of things in nature that portray futility and aimlessness.

These verses refer to three men in the Old Testament who rebelled against God and let their own selfish desires control and destroy them.

The opposites of the things listed would reveal stability and usefulness which is what a life of obedience to God would produce. The Bible is beautifully written....so much to study and learn.

Bubba and I played tourist today and drove over to Anapolis, Maryland. This is where the Naval Academy is located and it is beautiful beyond description. We had lunch and walked around a bit. It was a nice day.

Bubba told me to take a pad of paper and a pen so that we could chart our course for our future. When we got home the only thing that I had written on the paper was;

drop dead date - October 31, 2007
(that is when we have to be out of the apartment if we leave here)

Late this afternoon he received an e-mail from another consulting firm. (Is it a sign?)
To be honest, we don't have a clue

We will wait till God shows us His way.....He will.

In the meantime, I sleep and write thank you notes, and no, I am not kin to Mrs. Futrell, we just always called her "Aunt Louise."

No comments: