Wednesday, October 31, 2007

a puppy, a lion, and a hot dog

I smelled it before I saw it. This morning when I came down to get some coffee Robbie had a real fire in his real fireplace. That act of kindness thrilled me because it's been two years since I've been able to have my morning coffee in a chair by the fire.

The steaks last night were exceptional, as was the fellowship. Our trip was a long one..........we will have covered almost 3000 miles when we get back to DC, but it was exceptional in content. I was built up, encouraged, and shown great love at every stop.

I just heard from David that Lucy got "trick or treat"down pat. She walked up and said, "puppy" several times and won everyone's hearts. She came home with a big bucket of treats for David and Erika (she doesn't like sweet things). Some pictures will be showing up soon. I haven't heard from the "lion" and the "hot dog" yet, but I'm sure they will have good success as well.

Tomorrow Teri comes and we will attempt to clean out moma's things. I just hope I will be able to get through the next four days. Please pray for us.

God is good and so worthy to be praised!

No comments: