Monday, October 1, 2007

my mom and my grandson

She died this morning a little after 8:00. Frankie and I were with her. She went peacefully and at rest.

The visitation will be at Fox and Weeks on Hodgkin from 5-7 on Wednesday evening. The funeral will be Thursday morning at the chapel at Fox and Weeks at 11:00.

We are all thankful that she has seen Jesus and that she is now with Him. We are left behind to cherish her memories. My mom had a great sense of humor that made life always exciting for us. She will be greatly missed.

David called just now to say that they will pick up their new son tomorrow. Hopefully he will be at moma's celebration on Thursday. God has brought new life into our family on the day that he took my mom to be with Him

The blessings of God are heaped upon us without measure. Thank you God for the blessings of this day .

"He daily loads us up with benefits." O praise the name of the Lord!

With much thanksgiving....Cathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess this is a good example of
the Lord giveth and the Lord
taketh away. Blessed Be the Name
of the Lord.
We all loved her and her sense of
humor, I too will miss her greatly.
We were never like "in-laws" we were
all always just family.
ECD

Anonymous said...

I have alot of fond memories of Shirley - she really was gifted with the gift of dry wit - could always make you laugh!

I'll never forget one time at Hilton Head, she happened to be at the beach with us & when she came out of the water, her dark eye make-up was all over her face - we laughed & laughed! I'm sure she had something unique to say!

Then another time mother & daddy & your folks were at Nana's - 49th Street - Estelle had gotten that new bed - so Daddy & Shirley got up on the bed to try it out at the same time - we told them that would make for interesting conversation!

I've been through the death of a parent - it is never easy although you know it is God's will & they are at peace & no suffering. Thank the Lord for precious memories which I also have of my dad, but I will always miss him - sometimes more than at other times.

We pray for safety for all those traveling to Savannah for Shirley's home-going. Also that the Lord will keep you close during this difficult time.

We will see you Wednesday sometime.

Mary Ann