Thursday, October 11, 2007

flying alone

Life moves on after a person dies. I think that is how God intends it to be. No trial lasts forever, we could not bear up under the strain.

Daddy and I are taking care of the business "things"........insurance policies, credit union and banking issues......sending out certified copies to prove that his Shirley is really deceased. I guess there would be a lot of fraud without the official notice, but I want to scream, "Don't you see how sad he looks," Can't you see his red-rimmed eyes?

Because he was confined in the nursing home for so long, he is like a little child in his excitement of just being out and driving around, seeing things he hasn't seen in a while.

We lunched at the Masada cafe behind the Temple of Praise for all People on Bay street. This is a place that I found on some of my wanderings around town. (actually I read about it in a magazine). Some of the best "soul food" in Savannah is cooked right there. He loved it and wants to go back.

I am leaving to go to DC on Saturday. I struggle with leaving him, but he has to learn to "fly alone." Teri and I will meet back here with Frankie in a couple of weeks to go through and deal with moma's things. I have to let a little time go by before I attempt that!

I can literally feel God's abundant grace on us as we live these days. Thanks for your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the clothes. You can't rush into that.
I started with the shoes, that took a while. Now I have started with the clothes. I sure wish she had been
able to enjoy her new ones that she
had. But I know she did enjoy opening
them when they were presented to her
as presents. I hope that she has
pretty white robes now.