Thursday, October 25, 2007

a day in chicago

It is just cold....I have been plunged into really cold weather unexpectedly. How can I tell? My nose is cold and it won't warm up. I can sleep under a down comforter and not be too hot. My old wool sweater feels really good. I am not a person who loves cold weather. I was born to be at the beach.

Bubba put on a show for us last night. His feet got cold and he went upstairs to David's closet and retrieved a pair of very large and slippery "Homer" bedroom shoes to warm his feet.

The stairs in this house ane winding and hardwood. Bubba starts down in these largely oversized shoes. Erika and I and the babies were engaged in various pursuits in the family room. All of a sudden we heard clamoring and a loud boom. Bubba was flat on the floor with the "Homers" sticking straight up in the air.

He frightened us both and then we got tickled because of the absurdity of what he had done. He would have killed me if i had done the same. He seems to be okay.

Today we went downtown. It was very windy. We had a lot of fun and we did a lot of walking which we needed to do. I had a Chicago style hot dog for lunch as we all did with onion rings and fries from Portillos.

We walked to Michigan Ave., the Miracle Mile, and shopped in a six story mall. The highlight of the trip was the six of us sitting around a table eating chocolate fondue. It was the perfect thing to do after our long hike. Lucy loved the fruit and pretzles, but rejected the chocolate and said it was "yucky."

I bought a pair of red shoes....I love them.

Harry is the best baby I've ever seen....he is no trouble at all.

Lucy is very entertaining.......she is such a girl.....she loves her baby doll......I love her.

No comments: