Tuesday, October 9, 2007

spending time with daddy

He doesn't seem like the same daddy. He is emerging from his long burden of taking care of mom as a new man. He is resting and relaxing and eating well again. I see a metamorphasis taking place before my very eyes.

Today I took him to the bank and he took me to Johnny Harris for lunch. He wanted a "good hamburger" and they have one. We went to the cemetary and then I took him home. Yesterday he went to the mall alone to buy a new pair of "black" tennis shoes.

Today he told me that he wants to buy a new car....he wants a small Honda SUV. I told him to "go for it." He said he might just buy it even though he knew he didn't have long left to drive. I told him to enjoy what time he has left as life was meant to be lived.

He breaks down occassionally. This morning he saw her shoes and lost it for a moment but overall he is is doing just fine. He talks and talks and I mostly listen. He is clearing his head and making plans and doing what he needs to do.

Pray for daddy....he needs it right now. We are amazed at how God's grace has covered us through this last week. We are doing a lot of thanking and praising Him right now.

The great God of the universe walks very closely with His loved ones in these times of sorrow.

No comments: