Friday, October 12, 2007

worthy to be studied

It is something I do in the morning after I have my coffee. I really look forward to it. If I don't do it for some lame reason I regret it. When I do it the tone is set for the rest of my day.

Reading God's word, as I've mentioned before, is a must for me. I am reading through the books in the New Testament and the Psalms. I presume you could guess that from the verses I use in this blog.

I write every verse in my notebook as I read it, and I study the words and context that I do not understand. I have almost filled a huge, yellow, spiral bound notebook. It is one of the most valuable acitivites of my life.

I believe that everything in God's word is true and worthy to be studied. The whole book is inspired by God and accurate in every detail. It can be trusted to give instruction in all of the circumstances of life. I know I would have fallen apart years ago if not for this blessed Book.

Psalm 12:6
"The words of the Lord are pure words; as silver tried in a furnace on the earth, refined seven times."

Tomorrow I leave Savannah. Nine more hours on I-95. I am packing up once again and heading north. I need to really rest and recuperate.....pray for me....C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will be praying for you and for you
to have a safe trip.
Get some rest, you deserve it and
you need it.
Will talk with you during the week.
ECD