Thursday, October 18, 2007

tornados are coming

One cell just went through....another is expected in an hour. The weather is rough in Louisville tonight. The tornado sirens have been wailing. Amanda is home alone while Mark is working at UPS and she is literally freaking out. I feel so bad.....there's not much I can do over the phone.

The babies are asleep.....she put Eli's bottle in the basement just in case. She is afraid she won't know when to run....I told her she would know without a doubt if a tornado is coming. I told her to grab Jake and Eli, run to the basement, and put the mattress over them. She said, "yer right, I can see myself holding two babies and man-handling a mattress."

I'm putting them in hands of the Lord like I always do and asking Him to protect them. It does no good to worry.

Amanda is playing the McDonald's monopoly game. She is so close to winning and is very excited that she might.

Usually when I'm driving I see a McDonald's on every corner so I decided to go there for lunch and purchase a Happy Meal to get a game piece for her. I drove and drove and never found a McDonalds. Oh well. If any of you have some and would like to pass them on she would love it. The game ends on Oct. 29th.

David and Erika have found an exceptional doctor in Chicago who treats port wine stains with laser technology. Her prognosis for baby Harry is very good. He will receive his first treatment in two weeks. The mark will never go away, but it can be lessened greatly. She checked other areas that could be affected and said she saw nothing out of order.

What a blessing that God saw fit to give this child as a gift to these parents who will love him and raise him in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Also Lucy who got to walk barefoot in the puddles on the day of moma's funeral. That I'll never forget.

God bless them every one...

No comments: