Sunday, September 30, 2007

my 100th post

I never thought it would be like this.....there was a time in my life when I couldn't bear the thought of losing one of my parents. Now I am praying for moma to make it on through the valley of the shadow of death to the other side. I see it is a struggle for her, but I think "she" has already left us earthlings behind.

All I want to do is clean and organize things right now. I guess a psychoanalist would say it is my need to control things when things are out of control in my life. I feel strange going through the normal routine of my life with my mom lying there dying. But that is the way it is. You have to wait for them to do it themselves. You go on your journey to heaven with nothing in your possession except the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanks for all of the calls, emails, visits, cards. You all are so wonderful to me.

Last night I found myself in the " Sundae Cafe" down at Tybee. I had heard the food was delicious and I had never seen for myself. It is in a strip mall next to a conveinence store and a liquor store. I walked in to get a takeout and I realized that it was quite nice. Nothing of what it looked like from the outside.

I ordered crab cakes with Savannah red rice and sauteed (sp) okra and tomatoes. Can I tell you how delicious it was....I took it home and feasted. I spent $20.00 on a meal for myself, but the other crab cake became two more meals so maybe I can justify the expense. Anyway....it made me feel real good.

Beautiful, one in a million day.....I love this weather.....C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As we walk through the valley of death,we shall fear no evil for our
GOD will be with us and comfort us.
I am sure that Nana is awaiting her
arrival. I think it so strange that they ended up next to one another in the nursing home, visited with one another and went home to heaven
within weeks of one another.
God Bless Nana and Ghee. We all
loved them and will miss them
greatly
ECD