Thursday, September 27, 2007

a diagnosis

It statrted in the early 80's with a pain in the middle of my chest. Many years and many doctors later I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia which pretty much means that you hurt all over and you are tired all of the time. It being an auto-immune disease, I finally found out my problem from a rheumatologist in Atlanta in the early nineties.

Advil worked best for me. I do not like to take medicene, so I took it sparingly, only when the pain got really bad. Don't like to talk about my aches and pains either.......people just don't want to hear that sort of thing.

Lately my allergies have been acting up. This is common in immune system disorders. This latest bout with the bruises and burning was probably caused by an allergic reaction to Advil. (Thanks Estelle) The doctor gave me a prescription for another pain medicene, but I read that it can be habit forming, so I will not go there.

The blood showed that my white cells were elevated. My body is trying to fight the allergens. I will live. I need to exercise more and get lots of rest and eliminate the stress from my life. Anybody got any ideas how to do that?

Sorry to be so long on this......I will not mention it again, I promise, but everyone was interested to know what was going on. I am really very healthy....don't even take blood pressure medicene. I thank God for this blessing.

Moma is off of the antibiotics, but very much "out of it." Maybe it will take her a day or two to feel better. She's not eating much at all.

You were so right about there not being any joy in the nursing home. I think of the depravity of man and the end result of sin everytime I walk down the hall.

In moma's room is a large window looking out on a beautiful yard with trees and flowers and birds. Everyday I throw up the blinds and sit in a splash of sun as I minister to mom. I think if we try hard enough we can find God's blessing in everything.

"May mercy and peace and love be mutiplied to you." Jude 2

Thanks for showing you care......Love, Cathy

No comments: