Friday, September 14, 2007

getting gasoline

I struggle with my gasoline usage. Once again I let it get down to fumes and once again I got a reprimand from Bub. "Cathy, how could you let this happen with things the way they are? You have two babies in the car....what if you get stuck on the side of the road? In this heat you would have to take them out of the car and there you and Amanda would be on the side of the road with two babies."

I forget about the gasoline. Both Amanda and I knew we needed to get gas but we kept forgetting. She made the mistake of asking her dad to go get it for us and that is how he found out that we were on fumes.

I made the suggestion to Bubba that he start checking my gas gauge frequently and going to get gas for me when I need to be refilled. He looked at me as if I were completely crazy.

We are checking it very closely now and I will get gas when the tank is half full.

Just for the record.....I think getting gas is a man thing. It is definitly not one of the "things i love."

If you ever see us on the side of the road, would you give us a lift??

No comments: