Wednesday, September 5, 2007

nighttime students

I'm moving back to the beach tonight. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to have the washer/dryer repairman out to the condo since May......and the time frame is always the same, 8:00am until 12:00 am. Rather than having to get up super early I am just going to spend the night.

Doing that will serve another purpose as well. Amanda and I are going to DC on Friday and I need to pull some things together to take with me. Also, I will get one more chance to see and be at the ocean before we leave. It has gotten into my blood and I struggle with leaving.

Bubba will get on I95 early in the morning to beat us back by a day. His finger is getting better, but is still an awful sight. As with all things of that nature he hits it on everything he comes in contact with. At least simply driving should give it a day of rest.

As you know traveling with babies is an adventure in itself. I think if all goes well we will try to get a match for the "red stain." I have a big jar of grape juice that I'm taking on the trip.

I saw an old friend from my senior year in high school this evening. He and I had study hall together for a whole year. We never studied but we always talked and talked. Oh the memories that such an encounter stirs up.

Eli fell asleep in my arms tonight......I fed him pablum, gave him his spa bath and his bottle and off he went to dreamland. I just studied his face and marveled at the work of God. Out of an intense trial for Amanda came this perfect little guy who gives so freely of his smiles.

Amanda and I are at Panera Bread tonight. We lose our nighttime baby sitter tomorrow so this will be our last night to walk in with our laptops and pretend to be studying for an exam. I am going back to school to be a nurse and she is getting her masters in business for her e-bay self-employment. Just kidding!!!!!!!!

No comments: