Monday, September 17, 2007

the weather is perfect

The travelers left at nine and have just now arrived in Louisville. According to Bubba it went very well. He was on his way to get a pizza. Once again I say thank you to God for watching over them today.

I miss the babies very much, but all is as it should be......they are home with mom and dad and their grandparents are delighted to have had them for a time. Memories are made each time we are together that will last a lifetime.

I finally unpacked my suitcase today. Some other housekeeping chores got done as well, but it was such a beautiful day to stay indoors. I found myself over at Old Town Alexandria walking in the sunshine and letting the incredible cool air blow around my body.

I ate at an outdoor cafe under an umbrella watching the people walk by
I enjoyed homemade custard on a bench on the sidewalk
I bought an absolutely gorgeous, soft, long, brown sweater
I decided on two new fiction books
I found some scuppernongs at a fresh market
I was disappointed that my little vitamin shop had closed without me knowing where they went.
I felt relaxed and refreshed when I came home with my supper in a box

This is probably the lull before the storm. If nothing else in the way of a job here in Washington opens up for Bubba, we have to be out of our apartment on Setember 30th. According to my calculations, today is September 17th. leaving 13 days.

We kept all of our expensive packing boxes. They are under the beds. About this weekend if nothing changes I will be "packing to move" again.

Psalm 16:11 "Thou will make known to me the path of life; In thy presence is fullness of joy; In Thy right hand are pleasures forever."

No comments: