Friday, September 28, 2007

one more thing to say

I know that I said I wouldn't mention it again, but I have one more thing to say about Fibromyalgia. There are times when it gets a lot better and then times when it flares up and is very intense. Usually the flare ups come when I am under a lot of stress.

It started when I had my hysterectomy at age 30. This was a shock and a trauma to my body at such a young age. It raged for ten years undiagnosed until I was hospitalized for severe depression in 1989 and then finally diagnosed in the early 90's.

The disease has not been cured, but it can be managed most of the time. Because the last two years have been so intensely hard for me, I have been staggered by it's ravages lately. I am resting in the afternoons and going to bed early. Nothing lasts forever..... as my grandmother always said, "this too shall pass." Now I'm done about myself. I just cannot believe that I am unable to take Advil!!!

Moma is very low today. The doctor has told us that her death will be soon. We have all been praying that God will be merciful to her and not let her suffering be prolonged.

This has been a sweet time of fellowship with her and I am glad to see God's provision in death. I have never been this close to it before and He is seeing us through. The prayers of the faithful are sustaining us. Thank you...

"Blessed in God's sight is the death of one of His saints." Psalm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are seeing some relief, I know it is hard to see
what is happening and not be stressed
our, as the saying goes "been there".
I thought about what you said about the window in your mom's room and could not help but remember how much Mama enjoyed the view from her window. Will never forget the day she said she you know there are cows out there and told me that they were purple, wanted to know had I seen them. well I was so sorry that I never saw the purple cows but she always said the flowers and the trees were so pretty. So if I ever came into her room and the shade was down I always pulled it up so she would feel the sunshine.
ECD