Sunday, September 16, 2007

what happens to me

It's been over three weeks since I have been able to read and study God's word. There is no way to beat the little guys up in the morning and at night I am tired and weary and unable to concentrate.

These are some things that happen to me:

I lose my sense of focus on God
I am unable to think biblically about situations in my life
I forget to be thankful
My "vain imaginations" start to be predominant in my thinking
I start to feel sorry for myself
My joy is diminished
I forget to think of others more highly than myself
I become easily irritated

To sum it all up, I become "me" centered rather than "God" centered.

Scripture keeps me grounded
It keeps me focused on how big God is and how small I am.
It keeps me trusting in God
It enables me to think biblically
It reminds me to be thankful in all things

Instead of "vain imaginations" I am able to think about what is "true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent, and worthy of praise." (Phil. 4:8)

I realise that I have no right to "feel sorry for myself," that I have much more than I deserve
I can find my joy in the Lord and His word.
The Holy Spirit gives me the power and ability to put others needs before my own
I can have self-control and disipline over my emotions.

Being in God's word is not an option for me it is a neccessity.

Psalm 119:160 "The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen !! and Amen!!
How true that is.
Rest up now from all the
hurried days that you have
had lately.