Tuesday, September 18, 2007

a worthy pursuit

For some reason I can't ever have access to it. My computer is at Best Buy and has been there since last Wednesday, just a few days after I returned from Savannah. Bubba said I must have opened a "virus" and let it come into my computer.

I am using Bubba's laptop which is perfectly adequate, but I really enjoy my "big screen" table- top model. It has all of my favorites and I just like to use it, but I never get to. I am not complaining because my needs are met.......just wondering why.

Bubba is on his way home from Louisville. He is struggling with traffic and hills and almost 20 hours of windshield time in two days. He got a really great job offer this morning, but is probably going to turn it down because it is not what he wants to do. We have a couple of days before we have to start packing.

We are excited to share the news that David and Erika are considering a Russian adoption. They are asking for prayer as they start down this long and expensive road. Of course we as the grandparents welcome any children into our family. There's plenty of love to go around.

They consider their adoptions to be part of their ministry and would even like to work in this area in the future helping other perspective adoptive parents. Here is the verse that they look to as they start down this pathway:

James 1:27 "Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world."

To give any child the priviledge to grow up in a Christian home is indeed a worthy pursuit. David and Erika and Lucy, we will be lifting you up in our prayers as we always do. We love and cherish you!

No comments: