Monday, September 10, 2007

getting there on time

Yesterday Bubba and I got to go to church. What a good blessing it is to worship with other believers. What a priviledge it is to join together in a body and hear God's word proclaimed. We can still gather freely and without fear to praise and worship the true and living God. I wonder if in ten years (2017) we will still be able to do so.

Our pastor is preaching through the book of Luke. He is an expert expositor of God's word and is always well prepared. He preached from Luke 16 yesterday and there were several difficult passages......I won't get into those, but I love something he said relating to one of the passages.

"Punctuality shows Respect"

I've never thought of it in quite that way but it is so true. Showing up late shows a lack of regard for other people. It says, "I don't care what time you say, I will show up when I get ready." As I've thought of times this has happened to me I realize that is exactly how I felt......disrespected.

Because of our experience in the military and Bubba's home training, I have learned to be punctual. I had to learn this important lesson. This is one way that I can show respect to my husband to honor his wishes and to show respect to others at the same time.

Amanda and I laugh about how we couldn't be late if we tried, and believe me we have tried!

People will be late at times for legitimate reasons......this goes without saying, but to make it the pattern of your life is unacceptable and selfish.

"Do nothing from selfishness or self-glory, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself." Philippians 2:3

I must say thank you for the prayers. Every now and then I hit rock bottom and I was there on Thursday of last week when I wrote the blog asking for prayer. To be the receipent of your prayers is a great blessing to me.

Yesterday I wrote a list of "things that i love." This is another way that I drag myself out of the "pit of despair." Try it......it really works when you count your blessings.

No comments: