Monday, September 3, 2007

the tip of bubba's finger

Amanda and I have been trying to figure out all day today why Bubba has been so out of sorts. I slept until 8:30 this morning and I thought he was mad at me for that when I first got up.

It just dawned on us what his problem is........the tip of his finger is red and swollen and throbbing. Now that would put me in a bad mood too. Why it took us all day to figure out what his problem was is a mystery to me.

He doesn't remember doing anything to it, so if any of you medical people out there have any idea what could be wrong, please let me know. If it's not better in the morning he is going to the doctor so you know it must be bad.

When Amanda and I left just now to come to the BK he had it stuck in a cup of cold water. It's going to be embarrasing to walk into the doctor's office with this particular complaint. I will write the diagnosis the next time I blog.

We went to Barnes for supper tonight.......Amanda loves their chicken fingers. Knowing that Bubba was "living on the edge," we tried to be very careful. All was going well until Jake flew his rocket wildly over the table and knocked over Bubba's completely full glass of incredibly sweet tea. All I will say is just be glad you weren't there.

Amanda and I snuck away during naptime today and had a great time finding bargin sale items for her to sell on e-bay. With both of us searching we were able to come away with many rock bottom items. Looking for the "bargin buy" is one of our favorite things to engage in.

We took Jake and Eli to the nursing home this afternoon. Moma was a little better, but Jake and Eli raised several ruckises (sp). We asked Gi if she was bothered by them and she said not at all. After several falls and freak outs we left them to seek a semblence of peace.......

We had a beautiful Labor Day. Blue skies and plenty of sunshine after the bad weather of the weekend. We didn't do much work, but neither did we get to nap.

We had a piece of pie with our coffee tonight...to justify the use of the BK's computer juice. I would never do this by myself, but together it seems alright. It's better that fighting for a computer at the public library.

Oh, by the way, I heard Bubba mention today that he is going to look into getting a laptop for me to use when I am in Savannah.....I'm keeping my fingers crossed....will you do the same?

No comments: