Sunday, September 2, 2007

at the burger king

Bubba and I have moved temporarily out to Nana's house to be able to enjoy Amanda and the "little boys." It seems strange for Nana and Aunt Dot not to be there. It looks different too, because our "stuff" is spread out everywhere. The washing machine is constantly chugging along and the kitchen is in full swing again.

We all rested today....we needed it badly after experiencing this last week. Everyone went to sleep at one and stayed at it until four. All of us are SO good at napping frequently. We just haven't been able to do it lately.

Amanda and I have waited all day to get the boys to bed and head over to the Burger King. They have free WiFi for their customers, so we bought decaf coffees and here we sit......me blogging and her doing her e-bay business. We can't stop laughing at how we must look.

We have had three days of torrential rains here in Savannah over the last few days. I have rarely seen such a deluge in my lifetime. It started Friday morning and lasted until this afternoon.

I want to give God the glory He deserves for the short respite from the rain that He gave us to accomplish Nana's burial service. That was such a direct and definate answer to many prayers.

I am always amazed at how much God is involved in the tiniest details of the lives of believers. That is just one of the ways He has shown His goodness to us in these past days.

I would also like to thank Him for the fact that Nana raised a son and had a grandson that stood before her grave and proclaimed the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Two godly men from her lineage that stood up to honor her life with words of truth. She would have been so proud of Robbie and David.

Just a lot of different thoughts tonight....................thank you all for reading and sharing my joy and giving me the opportunity to come to the Burger King late at night.

No comments: