Tuesday, September 4, 2007

diagnosis

I was awake from 3:00am until 4:30am this morning because my allergies have flared up again and I was not feeling well. I got to thinking about Bubba and his sore finger. We are in twin beds in Aunt Dottie's old bedroom and the darkness is pitch in there.

I realised that I had not heard any breathing or stirring since I had been laying awake. Because my mind plays tricks on me in the middle of the night, I immediately thought that he had died from the fast moving mysterious infection in the tip of his finger.

I could not see anything so I got up to feel for him. He was not there! I found him in the family room in the recliner with his hand propped up on pillows.

He was at the urgent care when it opened this morning. The doctor immediately pronounced it infected and stuck a needle in his nail to release all of the pus that had built up.

When we left just now he was soaking his hand in Epsom salts, taking antibiotics and Advil, and watching the Braves. He is better......we are thankful.

No comments: