Saturday, January 17, 2009

choose to be happy

Here are some things that are making me happy right now.........

*A cold day with plenty of sunshine and no wind to speak of

*airing out my bedroom after so many germs

*Clorox...it really cleans and it makes my whites really white

*The loaf of rosemary bread that came free with a roasted chicken yesterday

*Bubba inviting me to go to Papa's to get fresh fish tonight for dinner

*Fresh, clean sheets for the bed

*Diamonds sparkling on the water behind our house

*Planning a late evening picnic on the beach with candles as soon as it warms up enough

*Lying in a huge puddle of sun light for my nap......the doctor said I must

*Being able to get dressed up and go to worship tomorrow

*Feeling better a little each day

*The message to me from one of Bubba's friends that he was praying for me

*Napping under a heavenly silk comforter that belonged to Bubba's mother and father

*This passage from Psalm 139 1-6

O Lord, Thou hast searched me and known me.
Thou dost know when I sit down and when I rise up;
Thou dost understand my thought from afar.
Thou dost scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And art intimately involved with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord, Thou dost know it all.
Thou hast enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Thy hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high,
I cannot attain to it.

How can I not be happy when that verse applies to me........it applies to you as well if you belong to Him.

We choose to happy......it is a choice that we make.

No comments: