Sunday, January 11, 2009

streeeeeetching my mind

I started it last summer while we were at Hilton Head.
I thought I had gotten further along than my bookmark indicated when I picked it back up again a few days ago.
It comes highly recommended by David and Erika's dad.
I am determined to read it all the way through, but it is stretching my mind to its farthest extent. I have made it through three chapters so far.

"Christianity is not a series of truths in the plural, but rather truth spelled with a capital 'T.' Truth about total reality, not just about religious things.

Biblical Christianity is Truth concerning total reality---
and the intellectual holding of that total Truth
and then living in the light of that Truth."

foreword to the book by Francis Shaeffer - - -April 1981

Even the foreword is alot to get your mind around.....but I want to try.

I am a firm believer that if we don't use our minds constructively as we live in Him that we lose them. I have seen it happen too many times.

In sickness still I write. I was unable to go to church this morning because of the constant coughing. You suffer for a while and then one day you realize you are well and thankfulness abounds.....I long for that day. In the meantime, I will praise my God for His goodness and mercy to me & mine.

ps.....someone very special to me took his first little hesitant steps yesterday and I got to see them. Hurrah Harry!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeh!!! for Harry so sorry I missed that, hope to see it for myself soon. He along with his sister Lucy and his cousins Jake and Eli are very dearly loved by all.
ECD