Saturday, January 10, 2009

will we need shoes in heaven?

I love shoes. Ever since I can remember I have always loved shoes. Cute shoes, comfortable shoes, unique shoes, feminine shoes, even some kinds of funky shoes.....always catch my eye. I saw a pair the other day that were mustard colored with a purple bow. Amazing!

There is someone very close to me that can spot shoes that I will love. She did that this Christmas when she presented me with the adorable pair pictured above.

Amanda is my daughter as most of you know. She is also very tuned in to what I like and her gifts are always very exciting to open. She also presented my favorite candle, "Keepers of the Light," and a vintage Christmas ornament.

Something special, something that he or she knows I will love speaks volumes, doesn't it?

That is the essence of gift giving. Gifts don't have to be extravagant or expensive, but when you know someone knows you that well and cares that much to buy you a treasure, it means a lot.

I love watching my children celebrate Christmas in their homes with their families. Traditions are being established, some old and some new. In my mind Christmas is being with those people who you love and care about sharing food and laughter and gifts and Christmases that have gone before.

One more word on shoes. I have read alot in the last few weeks about us being fitted on this earth for what we will be doing in heaven for all eternity.

I think I will be a shoemaker.

Thanks Amanda and Mark............I love you both

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My computer is down, temporaily I
hope, found a way to get your blog off line.
I don't think I will need shoes, I
want to be as free as a bird.
Love you sister,
Estelle