Friday, January 16, 2009

i just want to remember.......

I loved getting to decorate this house for Christmas, but we won't be in this house next Christmas.

Let me explain.
We own two properties on Tybee Island. We rented this house last March in hopes that we would sell one of the condos to facilitate our getting a mortgage to buy this one. No buyer has turned up as yet, so........

After much prayer and consideration, Bubba and I have decided to move back to our condo on the beach.

I have loved living in this house. I love having all of my home "stuff" around me. It is so comfortable here.

One thing has been revealed to us as we have spent this year on the west side of Savannah.....this is not where we ultimately want to settle. We both want to be closer to town. That in itself is a real blessing.

Living on the beach has always been my dream......so nothing will be lost but space and my "stuff." During this process we will be downsizing a lot and getting rid of things we no longer need or use.

This perfectly suits my need for adventure. We have always moved around alot and I have loved it. Who knows where we might end up on this earth? I do crave my ultimate destination of heaven......but love the fun I'm having on the way.

why do you always disappear? c




5 comments:

Cherie said...

Have you been using the condos as vacation rentals?
Our dream is to be somewhere warm for a while. It's -2 degrees in northern Ohio right now.
Your house looked beautiful for the holidays.

Cathy Cleland said...

Thanks, Cherie....
It is 27 here this morning....I can't imagine 2 degrees. I love your snow pictures!

Condo:
info@tybeevacationrentals.com
unit 321 at Savannah Beach and Racket Club.....small, but the best view in town. There are pictures on their site.

Cherie said...

Thanks Cathy,
I will check it out!
And...that was a minus 2 degrees.
This morning it was minus 8! :(

David said...

Who keeps dissapearing???

Cathy Cleland said...

yo birth father.....he keeps making very brief appearances to see what I'm doing and then he disappears back into the man-cave.