Thursday, January 15, 2009

various and the sum of all things

First of all I am making good progress with the book, "Total Truth" that I mentioned earlier in the week. I am well into chapter seven.

Every time I pick it up I ask God through His Spirit to give me understanding and the ability to concentrate as it is not an easy read.

This is where I am.......we who know the Truth are indeed the most blessed people in this world.
We who God has chosen to be His in Jesus Christ.

John 8: 31& 32 "If you abide in My word, you are truly My disciples, and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

Jesus said that:

1. We who read and study His word constantly, we who spend much time in prayer and meditation over His word are the ones who belong to Him.

2. If you are engaged in the practice of seeking Him through His word, you will know the truth and that truth will set you free. Wow!

How many people in this world are walking around asking these questions:

What is life all about?
Is this all there is to life?
Why does my life feel so empty?

All of the answers to life's difficult questions are contained in God's holy word. But instead of desiring it as a "deer pants for water," they scoff at God's word and say, "It is not relative to our modern times." Oh how wrong they are.

Psalm 119:160 "The sum of Your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever."

I guess I am getting better. I still haven't heard from the doctor about the results of my chest x-ray. Today will be two weeks since this started.

The benefits have been many.......... lots of much needed rest and a chance to clear my head to start the new year. There is much going on that requires complete trust in the guidance of the Lord right now. I will write more about that in a later post.

I love facebook!! It is one of my "favorite things." I have caught up with so many old friends and even some of my students from my third grade teaching days. It is a constant source of joy to me. I have posted almost fifty of my Christmas photos. The comments received on my "wall" have been so sweet and inspirational. You should join!

I praise God for so many answers to prayer from our gracious God and Father. David has accepted a part time job with Ferguson Ave Baptist Church as their youth pastor. He is still pursuing the ultimate goal of starting a new church to God's glory.

Both Harry and Eli have received great reports from their respective therapists and are making exceptional progress. We attribute this to the miracle of God's healing power and the prayers of everyone.

There is not enough time in the day or space on this computer to praise God as He should be praised. In heaven we will get to do that in ways we cannot dream of her on this earth.

To God be the glory great things He hath done!

No comments: