Saturday, January 24, 2009

my 500th post

His birthday wish is a day late......yesterday David, my son turned 35 years old. He is pictured above with his little son Harry.

I couldn't write about him yesterday because we kept Lucy and Harry so that he and his lovely wife Erika could have an afternoon and evening on the town. I read every book in the house out loud to Lucy with Harry drifting by to listen every once in a while. I also had to perform surgery on "Puppy," Lucy's favorite stuffed animal. He had developed a hole in his arm that needed to be mended......so I was busy.

I wish everyone could know David. He is a witty, interesting, loving man.
He keeps his father and I on our p's and q's......he holds us accountable.
I am the reason he loves to read and he is the reason I love to read.
There is something in him that is in me and I am drawn to whatever it is.
He loves to travel and is fascinated by new places and geography the same as me.

David works with young people.
He is passionate about the truth of God's word.
He is a man who prays.

God blessed David with a wife who loves what he loves.
They are always talking....making plans.....moving toward a goal.
Lucy and Harry are his blessed children......placed by God in a house of love and truth.

I am constantly amazed at the way that God works in his life............meeting needs, opening doors, giving wisdom and understanding when things don't make sense humanly.

He is my son, but he is God's vessel to use as He will. I love the man, husband, father he has become.

I love you, mom

1 comment:

David said...

God blessed me with truly wonderful parents. Thank you so much. And last I heard Puppy is doing much better.