Sunday, January 18, 2009

mixer a go-go

I was given this hand mixer as a wedding gift 39 years ago by a sweet lady in my church.
This is the only mixer I have ever owned and to this day it still performs at top level.
It is a "Presto" mixer, and I would say I got a good one.

My first kitchen appliances were harvest gold. The avocado green color of this machine fit right in with my color scheme. I chose Sculptured Daisy everyday dishes which were green and yellow, so it all made for a very beautiful color palate. I still use my beautiful daisy dishes at times and have them on display......I cherish my own antiques.

Bubba uses the mixer more than I now because he makes his "from scratch" mashed potatoes quite frequently. We always have the utmost confidence that it will do its job. Maybe I will donate it to the Smithsonian when it finally dies.

It is raining.....I love rainy Sunday afternoons. There is a fire in the place, candles burning, and lots of reading going on. We never want much to eat on Sunday night so Bubba is going to make blueberry pancakes made with real , fresh blueberries and sausage for our pleasure.

Can't get any better than that. cathy

No comments: