Friday, January 30, 2009

the lesser lights

There haven't been very many beautiful days this January.....most have been gray, rainy, windy, and downright cold. This morning started out the same way, but bloomed into a gorgeous afternoon. Bright sun, blue skies without a single cloud. I got plenty of vitamin D today.

Bubba and I were hanging out at the storage house this afternoon assessing the situation in regards to our coming move. He brought his table saw and we commenced to make a table nine feet long and about four feet high to hold our Christmas decorations.

I held while he cut, but mostly I was the fetcher. I made many trips to retrieve nails and hammers and boards. The table turned out perfectly, and everything fit neatly like pieces of a puzzle.

I love to do work like that....it makes me feel good and strong. These muscles of ours must be used as we age or they will shrivel up and go away.

Maybe you read my 25 random things the other day. I spent a good bit of time today looking for a photography class. I would love to go to SCAD. I think I will at least check into their courses.

I am also serious about learning Italian. I think I can check out language learning tapes at the library. We need to exercise our brains as well as we get older.......these two desires should keep me busy. I don't want to live in Italy and not know how to speak the language. I would love to tell everyone about what Jesus has done.

My new medicine is working. I no longer feel as if I am spiraling down into a dark pit of sickness.......my allergist is amazing. He knows just what I need to get better.

We just returned from having a fun dinner with David and Erika. When I walked outside, the lesser lights were putting on quite a show in a perfectly clear sky. Walk outside and take a look. God hung the moon and that planet you can see right below it.

For your pleasure * * * * * * * * * *

"God determines the number of the stars: He gives to all of them their names." Psalms 147:4

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I told David it was a planet. He's going with North Star. Which planet is it? (I know you have sources.)

Anonymous said...

How could it be the north star in the western sky O David my brilliant boy? It is the planet Venus in all of its glory.

Erika, you keep trying!

Anonymous said...

Cathy has been sick with a virus, let's all send her the best of wishes for a quick recovery.
We miss your writings!!!
ECD