Wednesday, January 21, 2009

lucy and the preacher

Let me start this out by saying that my granddaughter Lucy is a very industrious little lady.

Last evening David and Erika had our pastor and his wife over for dinner. We were invited as well.

Since I have been so sick, I have not been able to spend much time with her, so Lucy was extra attentive to me. She sat by me at the table and I fed her broccoli like it was going out of style.
The meal went great and there was pleasant conversation all around. Eventually Erika and Lucy and Harry left the room while the rest of us lingered.

Sometime very quickly after Lucy left the table, she must have decided that she was ready to go to bed. She also made the decision that Harry was going too. They share a nursery. It looks like the nursery from Peter Pan by the way.

Still sitting and conversing at the table, I looked down to see Lucy standing before me completely naked. She had brought me her pull-ups and nightie and she also brought Harry's jammies and a diaper for him.

There was no shame........she needed me to help her get ready for bed. It didn't matter about the preacher, his wife, or any of them.

Well my mouth dropped open and I quickly shuffled her away to do her bidding.

Graciously no one made a big deal and the night proceeded without another incident......but I tell you, I just about cracked completely up.

A couple of things.....

I don't think that she has yet grappled with the whole Adam - Eve- sin - need to be covered thing.

She makes me laugh out loud.....if you make me laugh I will love you forever.

Cathy

No comments: