Saturday, January 19, 2008

comings and goings


The weather outside is frightful. I hear it's snowing in Atlanta and DC and all we have here in Savannah is rain.
I caught this big freighter and this little shrimp boat heading in just now as I was working over at 321. We are preparing the condo for the rental market and there is much to be done, but it is much more fun to take pictures.
If you click on the first picture, it will become larger and you will see what looks like a collision about to take place.
David is at winter camp in Michigan. Last night it was -20 degrees, right now it is -8. He just watched a teenager throw a pot of hot water in the air and it turned into snow. Every year the weekend of David's camp sets some kind of record........coldest, most snow, etc. Erika and babies stayed home. Smart move!
The big leather chair went to bless Frankie and Sally today. They read that it was being moved from the condo and headed to the dump so they rescued it at the last minute. Frankie wants it in his bedroom so that he can stretch out and watch TV. I must say I am glad. All of us who enjoyed the condo loved that chair and did not want to see it discarded.
Many people are outraged at me for removing the chair, but the condo looks twice as big without it. I found a lovely kitchen table that drops it leaves at a used furniture store for $40.00. I will sand and paint the top and it will look brand new. No chairs yet.....I will keep looking. Any excuse to look for bargains is fine with me.
Estelle, thank you for the homemade pecan pie. It is delicious. I am enjoying it while I write.
Keep your mittens on, it's cold outside.................c
PS When I add pictures to my blog it makes my writings all scrunched up together. This bothers me, but I don't know what to do about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought that chair was part of
Old Mill, it departed so soon.
Enjoy it Frankie it looked very
comfortable, Ha!