Wednesday, January 2, 2008

knowing God

I've mentioned before that it is impossible to understand our need for Jesus without a full understanding of the great God of the universe.

Here and there in my posts I will attempt to bring to light some of the extraordinary things about our God of which we need to be reminded.

My goal in writing this post is to share some things that I have learned along the way that have made a difference in my life and to encourage you all to seek God through His word in personal Bible study.

Proverbs 8:17 "I love those who love me: and those who diligently seek Me will find Me."

God promises that if we seek Him diligently He will reveal Himself to us in all of His splendor.

The great truths that are in God's word are called doctrines.........these are what make up the body of what we as Christians believe. Most people are scared away when they see the word "doctrine," but actually these are the truths that we hold dear.

*The very first doctrine that we need to study and become clear on is the doctine of God
Himself.

*The bible begins with God......this great opening statement tells us everything:

*"In the beginning God......"

*(Martin Lloyd Jones....Great Doctrines of the Bible)

Have a great new year in God's word. From cover to cover it is fascinating. It is well worth your time and effort. This would be called "storing up treasures in heaven."

No comments: