Friday, March 14, 2008

i hope it holds up

We now have five storage houses....we did have six but we have manged to clean one out and turn in the key.

Now we are in the process of narrowing the number of storage houses down to one. This is no easy task. It requires lots of lifting and bending and pushing loaded carts from one storage house to another.

In the future, instead of having six small storage houses crammed full with no organization, we will have one storage house that is completely organized.

I love to organize things....the deep longing of my soul is to get evevything in order. Bubba has spent the last 37 years of my life trying to convince me that it will never happen, but I keep trying.

Anyway, this one, super amazing storage house is the length of a bowling alley and only a little wider. At the very back end he rigged a shelf by placing a piece of plywood anchored over two four drawer file cabinets.

Let me just say two words...."christmas stuff." I could open a little Christmas shop and keep it going fully stocked up to five years with the amount of Christmas decorations I have accumulated over the last 37 years.

Well, Bubba started stacking Christmas boxes up to the ceiling (which is 12 feet tall) all the way across on this piece of ply wood. When I walked in it was majorly sagging in the middle. He said it would be alright.....we'll see.

By the way, David and Amanda, all of the boxes of trophies, Barbie dolls, high school memories etc. need to be retrived by you soon now that you are grown, married, and living in your own homes.

One day when that is done and my little Christmas shop closes we will not need any storage houses anymore.

and won't that be a very sad day................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.