Monday, March 17, 2008

tucked away

While working at the storage houses on Saturday, Bubba dispatched me to go to the beach and retrieve the mail and to get some food for the weekend. I guess he thought that I would be more profitable doing those things rather than moving boxes.

So off I go to the commiassary. Usually this is a fairly uneventful task....go in, choose the bare necessities, pay, go out. But Saturday, lo and behold, the seafood circus had come to town just for the weekend.

There, much to my surprise, was a whole cool case filled with nothing but crab legs. I was mesmerized by the sheer quantity set before me and at such a good price!

Now I've never cooked crab legs before, but eating them is one of the joys of my life.

So I start to thinking;

Should I buy some?
Do I have a pot big enough to cook them in?
Will Bubba think I've lost my mind?

Well, I went ahead and bought two pounds, came home and made potato salad, and we feasted on those succulent treasures from the sea. They were delicious but o so messy.

Yesterday, after Sunday afternoon nap, I went back to the commissary and bought another sack full (twice as many as I bought on Saturday.) They are tucked away in our freezer and it is good to know that they are there.

I'm sorry i messed up...................c

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DON'T KNOW WHAT GOT MESSED UP BUT
SOUNDS LIKE SOME GREAT EATS TO ME!!
I HAVE NEVER COOKED CRAB LEGS, ONLY LIVE CRAB, HA! HA!
ECD