Monday, March 31, 2008

something more


I went down to the water this afternoon to take a picture of where I think the bullfrog lives.
While I was looking to see if I could find him I found something more.
If you look very closely at the picture you will see a black snake coiled around some fallen bullrushes.(click to make it larger)
I thought...."I don't need to be here any longer." I backed off quietly and headed for the house.
When Bubba got home I mentioned that I had seen this snake.......we both went down to see if he was still there....which he wasn't.
Bubba told me that more than likely he was a water moccasin.
I don't know how I feel about this water behind our house.....too many unknowns lurking in the water and making strange sounds or no sounds at all.
This is what the Lord God said to the serpent after the fall of man:
Genesis 3:14
"Because you have done this, cursed are you more than all cattle, and more than every beast of the field; On your belly shall you go, and dust shall you eat all the days of your life."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just a snake in the grass.