Thursday, March 27, 2008

my desk

Sometimes I can do it......sometimes I can't.

I spent the last twenty minutes trying to get Jake and Eli's pictures from my e-mail to my blog. Nothing I tried worked so I thought I would post a picture of my new desk instead. Not really a suitable subsitute, but it's what I have for today.

I have always wanted a desk of my own....it finally came and is set up. I haven't got it decorated like I want it yet, but I am using it just the same.

What I like is that I can hide so many of the ugly things that are necessary to crank the computer up. The tower is now behind closed doors and all of the wires are behind the desk.

I have bought pretty baskets to hold the things I need at my disposal and my reference books will have a place on the shelves as well.

Oh, and I did get a drawer for my pens and pencils

Bubba has promised that the printer will be moved by next week. We'll see.

I feel important here at my desk even though I'm not.

It is set up in the guest bedroom which is nice and quiet except when Bubba creeps in unawares and scares me to death.

Some of the boxes got unpacked today. There were 25 in that picture I sent yesterday and now I am down to sixteen. I was reunited with my "Vietre" dinnerware just now, much to my joy, and now have it all neatly displayed on my much loved hutch.

Things are coming together...............I love the slow pace. I am savoring every minute of rediscovering my treasures.

all of this from cathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say you're not important, but I can assure you, you're very important. First of all God thought you were important enough to bring you into this world.That in itself makes you important. But, you're also important to your husband, children, siblings, parents, in-laws, aunts, uncles, friends, people that read this blog that you don't even know and the list goes on and on. Even though I haven't seen you in years, you're important to me and I just wanted to let you know.
Love Donna (Ala.)

Cathy Cleland said...

Thank you Donna for your kind words. I always think fondly of you and your family. Thanks so much for reading...Cathy