Wednesday, November 21, 2007

again, giving thanks

The table is set, the turkeys are waiting patiently to be the center of attention, all is quiet until morning. Very soon the kitchen will come alive with the wonderful aromas of our favorite dishes.

We will gather around our tables and be nourished once again with the bounties of the Lord.

It is a happy day, a day to just stop and enjoy being together for one more Thanksgiving Day.

From the Psalms:

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord."

"I will praise the name of God with song, and shall magnify Him with thanksgiving."

"Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord for He is good."

"Praise the Lord! I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart"

"Give thanks to the Lord; for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting."

"I will give thanks to the Lord according to His righteousnes, and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High."

"I will give thanks to the Lord with all of my heart."

"Sing praise to the Lord, you His godly ones, and give thanks to His holy name."

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift." Jesus Christ

To all I love, you will be missed tomorrow.............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is good to give thanks to the Lord, sing unto his name, how great thy works.
Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving Day.
ECD