Sunday, November 11, 2007

moma's blue sweater

I gave it to her because it was so soft and because it was blue. I knew it would make her eyes sparkle even more than they usually did. She loved to wear it as she always got a compliment.

I found it last weekend when we were going through her things. I brought it home and have been wearing it all weekend. Bubba complimented and said I looked beautiful in it. It will become my new cuddling-up garb. It reminds me of her and that is good.

I am reading "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer. David said I would like it because it is weather related. Here is what a review says about the book:

"Time collapses as, minute by minute, Krakauer rivetingly and movingly chronicles what ensued, much of which is near agony to read........a brilliantly told story." (Kirkus)

I have been moved to list the highest peaks on each of the seven continents:

Everest 29,028 (Asia)
Aconcagua 22,834 (South America)
McKinley 20,320 (North America)
Kilimanjaro 19,340 (Africa)
Elbrus 18,510 (Europe)
Vinson Massif 16,067 (Antarctica)
Kosciusko 7,316 (Australia)

There are some men who have climbed all "seven summits." I don't enjoy climbing the three flights of stairs at our condo. I don't think this would be something I would enjoy. I would enjoy the view from the "top of the world," but maybe I'll just wait until I get to heaven.

Quote by David Garland:

"The Christian life is not a fast track to glory but a slow, arduous path that takes one through suffering. The suffering so visible in the lives of the apostles is not some tedious detour for an elite volunteer corps, but the main highway for all Christians."

The above is good to keep in mind and remember lest when a time of suffering comes to us we should be overwhelmed by it. We have to remember that we're being prepared for glory. We have no idea what God has for us to do on the new earth, but we are in training for our job in eternity right now while we are still on this earth.

To the new week and the challenges ahead I pray.....God have mercy on us."

No comments: