Saturday, November 17, 2007

totaled

It was a good and generous gift. Erika's Dad drove it from California and gave it to David to use in his ministry. It was a 1993 GMC Jimmy. The best thing about it was that it was paid for....no car payment necessary.

This past week David was rear-ended and yesterday he got the news that the insurance company was going to render it totaled. He will get a check for $1,500 and have no car. Some things just don't seem fair.

Lots of things in life are not fair, but it's how we deal with these things that form our character.
Inconveinences, hardships, unexpected mishaps to name a few can wreck our lives or make us more like Christ.

He knows what you need, sweet David, and He will provide.

Little baby Harry has slept through the night for the last three nights. Now that is something that can make a weary parent happy. I miss that tiny one......What a blessing.

I have a situation in my life, the one I write about now and then, that is a real challenge. Though it is very hard for me, I try to do what is right and good in the sight of God. If I am faithful then I have hope that God will intervene and do His work of changing a heart.

Ezekiel 11:19

"And I shall give them one heart, and shall put a new spirit within them. And I shall take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh."

Only God can do this, not me....

Thank you for caring...c

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell David that there is a book entitled "Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People". This is definitely one of those situations.
We will be praying for him and for some transportation for him and the family. David we LOVE you.