Monday, November 26, 2007

so much foolishness

Darkness was about the face of the earth when I got up this morning. I turned on the coffee and waited for the steaming brew to settle in the pot. I look forward to getting up early and having my coffee while the world is still quiet, anticipating the new day.

After a while I switch on Fox news to make sure nothing unforeseen has happened in the night. After wading through so much foolishness, I came upon this interesting bit of news.........

Someone is trying to ban fires in fireplaces in people's homes. Where else would this insane idea come from but our own San Francisco, CA. They say that the smoke going up the chimney causes pollution in the air.

My heart sank. The epitome of satisfaction during the winter months involves me sitting in front of a warm fire, wrapped in a soft throw, reading a good book.

What if this catches on? Will I have to resort to a lawn chair on the deck in front of a "chimnea" wearing Bubba's fur parka? I am heartsick over this prospect.

The main priority I have if I get another chance to live in a house is to have a fireplace, maybe two or three.......please don't take this pleasure away mr. lawmaker.

No news on the move yet....will keep you posted.

No comments: