Wednesday, November 28, 2007

getting it right

I was up at 5am this morning.....maybe I've slept it all out. I hope so!

I have been thinking about Christmas.....the way we celebrate this holiday. Christmas is synonymous with Christ's birth, but I cannot justify the two in my mind.

I love Christmas....the sights, the sounds, the smells, every aspect of this season excites the fartherest reaches of my soul. I know that one can justify a corallation between the things we do at Christmas and the birth of Christ:

The giving of gifts.....Jesus is a gift from God is just one example.

The holiday of Christmas is now consumer driven. It represents the worst of our materialistic society. It has become "tacky" to say the least.

The coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ into this world is the single most important event in history. This miracle of God is meant to be celebrated by true believers every day that we live.

There is much to be enjoyed in the upcoming season....I am very excited about all of it, but let's make sure we glorify God and His Son Jesus Christ and seek Him in His Word.

No comments: