Friday, November 16, 2007

it's a man thing

If there is any ball moving on television except a soccer ball, Bubba is watching it. I think it is a man thing. I am SO not interested that I can sit, read, and fully concentrate without being disturbed.

Once in a while I will look up when Bubba gets excited to see what is going on, but I just can't get into it.......my femininity completely rejects all of the ruckus. When someone mentions a standing or statistic I have no idea what they are talking about.

I have absolutely no problem with Bubba doing this.....I will even ask him who won or what quarter it is, but that is as far as I go.

David shares this love of "ball watching" with his Dad and there are many phone calls between them to discuss the latest "game." They really enjoy each other this way and I am glad for them.

Last night after our eleven hour trip we were exhausted. Bubba went to the sofa to relax and I went to bed to read. He found a ball moving and settled in and then he drifted off. In the course of time the ball did something really great and David called his Dad to discuss.

The ring of Bubba's cell phone woke him up. He jettisoned himself upright and off of the sofa in a flash to run down the hall for his phone. Unknown to him his glasses fell off of his face and onto the floor. He stepped on them, messed them all up, and had to spend some time at Lencrafters this afternoon getting them repaired.

The amazing thing is that I didn't hear a thing. As I said earlier, "it's a man thing."

We also got into a discussion of "handerchiefs" this afternoon. He asked me to look him in the eye and swear that I was not throwing his away. Now this came out of the blue. I told him even though I now and always have questioned the sanitation of blowing one's nose into a piece of cloth that I have to deal with at a later time, I have never ever even thought of throwing one away.

The discussion went on and on. I suggested that he use man-sized tissues. I lost.

He said that he needed to buy some new handkerchiefs, but he couldn't find them anymore. To me that proves my point. They need to be outlawed except to offer to a lady when her tears unexpectedly well up. Men should always have one for that special touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I am afraid that he got
awakened again last night, hope he did not break the glasses again.
It must be a sister and brother
ailment I am afraid that I have
the same disease. Wonder if it
is curable?????