Sunday, November 25, 2007

"i gotta go home"

I have heard so many good things about him. He is one of the reformed pastors that I have listened to on tape so many times. Ligon Duncan preached at our church today.

He preached from Numbers 12: 1-16 and it was done masterfully. His message was as clear a rendering as I have ever heard and I hung on his every word.

When Miriam and Aaron started to grumble against God's servant Moses, God's wrath was kindled and he struck Miriam with leprosy on the spot because of their sin. Her brother Aaron pleaded with Moses on her behalf and Moses cried out to God for Him to heal her.

Moses was a mediator between God and his sister and brother. This is a perfect picture of what Jesus Christ, our mediator, does for us in our sin. He cries out to God on our behalf and God forgives our sin because of Jesus.

What a perfect way to start the Christmas season with a message about the absolute necessity to come to God through Jesus....there is no other way.

The movers come tomorrow at eleven to give us an estimate on how much it will cost to move all of our things back to Savannah.

I am sad to leave. I will miss seeing the skyline of DC out of my windows and I will greatly miss our church, but it is the right thing to do.

"I wanna go home,
I gotta go home'
Let me go home,
I'm just too far
from where you are,
I wanna come home.
I miss you you know."

From "Home" by Michael Bouble'

No comments: