Sunday, November 4, 2007

the grand total

It was everywhere......in drawers, in pockets, wound up in tissues. Moma left little surprises for us all over the place. When we added it all up we had found more than one hundred dollars. We left it all on the counter......for later.

The task was completed about 4:00 this afternoon. It wasn't easy, but it was necessary. We saw lots of memories in her clothes, some dating back to childhood. Moma loved to dress stylishly, even in the nursing home.

I am unable to process my situation right now. I am better....but feel kind of numb inside. Of course I can't say alot, but things are not good. The stress level in my body is causing great pain and suffering. Only God can work this all out and I am trusting in Him.

The beauty is my assurance that God is in control of these circumstances and He will not allow more than I can bear. This is meant for my good and my spiritual growth. I only hope that I can be faithful and that can only be accomplished through the power of the Holy Spirit working through me.

In the meantime:
"But thanks be to God, who gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore my beloved brethren, be
steadfast,
immovable,
always abounding in the work of the Lord,
knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord."
I Corinthians 15: 16-17

The fact that you are praying is such a blessing to me....Love, Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet there was laughter in heaven as
you all found each of these little
tokens she left there for you.
Still praying for your health and
well being.
"Keep on keeping on"