Thursday, November 29, 2007

christmas shopping

I do it at other times of the year for birthdays and such. At Christmas it is intensified because there are more people to shop for at one time. It's time to start shopping for Christmas!

I think about each person that I buy for and try to think of something they would like and then I set out on a diligent quest to find just the right thing. It gets very personal with me.

I think that is what makes Christmas so magical, all of the twinkling, sparkling lights and the capacity to make dreams come true. Ever since I was a baby, Christmas has always been a magical time of year.

I literally believed in Santa Claus until I was 10 years old. Even when I found my doll crib in the trunk of the car, I justified in my mind that Santa was just storing it there and would pick it up later on his rounds.

There is so much joy in giving...........thats what it's all about.

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift." Jesus who was born in Bethlehem.
"God and sinners reconciled." Praise be to God for His wonderful gift.

I will switch gears for a minute because Bubba did something incredibly funny this afternoon. I wasn't here, but he told me about it and I laughed all through our dinner.

Bubba talking:

"I was cleaning my things out from under the sink and putting them in a box to take to Savannah. I found my big bottle of listerine and decided to fill up my little travel bottle and throw the big bottle away. When that was done there was a small amount of mouthwash left in the big bottle so I decided to rinse out my mouth with it. I had a good time of swish-swishing and then I spit it out in the box that I had just packed."

I will not comment yea nor nay on this except to say that I had noticed that the house was reeking of listerine when I came home. I didn't say anything, I just thought he had gone wild with the mouthwash.

I just think it is funny. He did too!

No comments: