Tuesday, November 27, 2007

we are nomads

The news came by e-mail just a little while ago. The movers will be here next Tuesday to take our things back to Georgia. I will leave that morning to return to Savannah.....Bubba will leave after the deed is done.

Now we have to put the boxes together and start packing. What goes to Tybee in this box, what goes to storage in that box, and on we go.

The lady at the storage house miraculously called today and said that a big, climate controlled unit had just opened up. I think we now control about 75% of that place. We are nomads.....no doubt about it.

I have gone back into my sleeping mode again. The festivities in Savannah and the trip back home must have done me in. I slept for 11 hours last night and took a two hour nap this afternoon.

I don't understand this sleep depridation thing that goes on with me.....When I catch up I am fine, but until I catch up, forget it. I tried to do a little Christmas shopping today and couldn't hardly put one foot in front of the other. Hope I'm over it tomorrow when the packing starts!!!!!

By Charles Spurgeon:

"O believer, learn to reject pride, seeing that you have no ground for it. Whatever you are, you have nothing to make you proud. The more you have, the more you are in debt to God; and you should not be proud of that which renders you a debtor. Consider your origin; look back to what you were. Consider what you will have been except for divine grace.

Great believer, you would have been a great sinner if God had not made you to differ. O you who are valiant for truth, you would have been as valiant for error if grace had not laid upon you.

Therefore, don't be proud, though you have a large estate - a wide domain of grace, once you did not have a single thing to call your own except sin and misery.

O strange infatuation, that you, who have borrowed everything, should think of exalting yourself."

We are nothing except by the grace of God. Our next breath is a gift from Him. And we would be proud?

For tonight, Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it must be a somewhat sad time
to pack and move from the big city but I assure you us Georgia folks
will welcome you both back with open arms. Take it slow and easy, don't overdo.
Will be remembering you both in prayer.