Wednesday, November 28, 2007

boxes, boxes everywhere

I left the apartment for a little while and when I returned, dozens and dozens of boxes all put together had appeared. Bubba got busy with the tape gun while I was gone and now they line the walls waiting to be filled.

I feel overwhelmed. If I don't start a project first thing in the morning, it is hard for me to jump in later in the day. If I can just get the first box packed I will go like gangbusters, but I really just don't know where to start. I will get it done by Tuesday......the closer the deadline the faster I work.

The last time I mentioned David's car, it was going to be totaled. I found out last night that they were able to repair it after all and he is picking it up tonight. We are all very thankful that God has provided for him once again.

I have a set of king-sized sheets that I dearly love. They are "Charisma" sheets and they are the softest of the soft. I love the way they feel on my skin.

Well, they are falling apart at the seams. Each washing renders them softer and softer and more and more fragile. Both pillowcases have a two foot slit on one side.

Bubba even suggested this week that I buy a new set and he never suggests that I buy anything. He misses the point completely..........I have two new sets, but they are not like these. It takes years to get them "just right."

I have promised to give them up when we move, but I don't think I can. More than likely they will be on the bed at the condo next week.

"Maybe I'll mend them with a needle and thread.
Probably I"ll keep using them until they start to shred." (poem by cathy)

I love old things the best.

Thought for tonight:

"When in doubt give thanks." Pretty good philosophy, huh?

No comments: