Tuesday, November 6, 2007

a time for everything

"Meet me at Peppino's at 11:45," Bubba said as I pulled away from the driveway. "I will be there," I answered.

I went on to do some errands, looked at the clock, and realised that I was getting ready to be late which Bubba cannot tolerate. So I speeded up and made it right on time.

I went in, ordered my drink, got my chips and salsa and began to wait. Fifteen minutes later, still no Bubba. I decided to call to see where he was and in the course of the conversation I made the discovery that I had arrived an hour early.

I got to the restarant at 10:45 instead of 11:45. He came on and we ate an early lunch. He told me that I had to accept and abide with the time change. The problem wasn't that I hadn't "accepted" the change, it was that the clock in the van was still on DST.

I take a lot of flack about my inability to function in the face of time changes.

We will complete our journey back to DC tomorrow. It will be a long day as we have to stop in NC for Bubba to do some business. We left two weeks ago today.

I am afraid we are going back into cooler weather. These days at Tybee are absolutely perfect.....the ocean is caressing the sandy shore with it's gentle waves. The sun is at it's brightest, and it's slant casts beautiful shadows. It is just cool enough at night to cuddle up under a quilt......I love, love, love being at the beach in the fall.

May all who read this blog be blessed with the knowledge of the love of God and His son Jesus Christ. We need no more..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a safe trip with no
bumps in the road and pleasant weather.
ECD