Thursday, November 1, 2007

summer again

After spending the last week in the frozen north it is good to be back to warm weather. The doors and windows at the condo are open and the gentle breezes are billowing through the rooms. I so long for the beach when I am away from it for a while....it calms my soul.

The days are darker but that's okay....candles were made for this.....to light up the night. I have a candle chandelier that I hang on the porch and a hurricane lantern on the table. These provide a warm glow inside and a welcome sight to ships passing by in the night.

Sometimes when I get up in the wee hours of the morning I will see a huge, brightly lighted ship passing silently in front of the window. It "takes my breath away."

It takes a while for the sun to get up in the morning. I have my coffee in the dark waiting for the first subtle rays of the sun.....the same sun that will be so bright by the afternoon that you are almost blinded.

When I sit down to write this blog I never know what will come out....sometimes I worry that I won't have anything to say. I wanted to write something from the Bible tonight, but I forgot to bring it with me. (we are over at Beachside checking our e-mail.)

I was blinded-sided by someone's tonque again today and it made me very sad. Next time I will write about the power of that little devilish member that spews forth it's wrath on whoever it pleases.

Lots to be done in the next few days.....I don't know if I will get to write. This means so much to me and I look forward to this time. I hope you are blessed as well.....c

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try to make time for us, I look
forward to your Bible verses and
insights on them.
The tongue can be a vicious weapon
that sometimes people use to keep others "in line"and want you to know that they think they are in control of every situation. Some people cannot ever let anyone else
be the leader or even think that
others have better ideas.