Monday, November 12, 2007

yak/nak

It was a part of the prepartion music that we sing before the service begins. I had never sung this song before, so I read the words instead. The fourth verse was noted as one of great magnitude: "God Moves in a Mysterious Way" by William Cowper (1731-1800)

"Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust Him for His grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face."

I love this verse! We can never understand the mind of God. We don't have the resourses in our finite selves to do so. But we are told to trust Him as He is presented to us in His word.
This is the part I love best: Even when He is disciplining us (trials and tribulations) He still loves us and smiles His favor down upon us.

What a great God we serve.

Bubba took me to PF Changs tonight.....the only Chinese restaurant he will get anywhere near. We always get the same thing, crispy honey chicken with a side of spicy garlic noodles.

The last time we went I made the mistake of ordering something different that had an authentic Chinese flavor and he swore that he would never go back again. Tonight was a victory....we went back to the "tried and true."

I love to try different things, but for that I have to go by myself or with someone who is equally adventuresome.

Something new that I learned today......a female yak is a nak. I bet you didn't know that either. Most people just call all of them yaks though because with all of their woolly growth no one wants to take the time to distinquish gender. I think that is a wise decision...

It's cold, it's rainy, it's dark.......I'm going to bed to read. Night to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they have yaks and naks in D.C.?
This is very enlightening.

Cathy Cleland said...

Actually, there is a pak of yak/naks at the National Zoo in D.C.